2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup plain whole-milk yogurt
1 cup sugar
3 large eggs + 1 egg yolk
Zest of 2 grated lemons
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups wild blueberries frozen, thawed
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a tray of small silicon cake molds or line a cupcake tin with liners.
2. Whist together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
3. In a large bowl whisk together the yogurt, 1 cup sugar, the eggs, lemon zest, vanilla, almond extract and oil.
4. Slowly combine the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
5. Once the batter has been mixed, fold in the blueberries sprinkled with the remaining tablespoon of flour.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared molds and bake for about 20 minutes, rotating the pan half way through.
Later on today I will soak the cakes either with a lemon syrup (1/2 cup lemon juice - 1 tablespoon sugar, boiled together on the stove) or a berry syrup I made last night (frozen blackberries, sugar, vanilla and some Burgundy) What do you think would be best? Maybe a drizzle of glaze to make them pretty? A dusting of confectionary sugar? Who knows. There's not much time to decide! Totally comment with your input and I'll take it to heart.
Next on the lineup, miniature cheesecakes with a chocolaty surprise baked into the middle. The recipe comes from Paula Deen. I'm telling you her desserts are fool proof, not to mention watching her makes me giggle. She's so darn cute! Haters...do your thing but the girl knows how to make a cake recipe.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar, plus more for coating baked cookies
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting hands
- 1 cup pecans, chopped into very small pieces
2. Using an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar at low speed until it is smooth and then beat in the vanilla.
3. Gradually add the flour.
4. Using a wooden spoon, mix in the pecans with a spatula.
5. Using your hands, make 1 inch balls with the dough and place them on the prepared cookie sheets.
6. Bake for 40 minutes.
7. When the cookies have cool slightly but they're still warm, roll in additional confectioners' sugar.
8. Cool on wire rack