Some years my family gets to celebrate two Easters—one "regular" and one Greek—and some lucky years they fall on the same day. This is a fabulous combo year, so I set out to create an extra-tasty twist on our classic tsoureki (brioche-like bread studded with red eggs) for the occasion. I present to you: Funfetti Easter Bread—EEEKS! I know, me too!!!
Listen, I'm a carb-lover no matter what but this 4-ingredient recipe is special. The credit goes entirely to Confetti Cake Mix, which I dust on store-bought pizza dough two different times for mega fun flavor. I mean, who wouldn't love birthday cake–flavored bread!?
PS. Check out the How-To Video for this recipe on my YouTube channel or snag a bunch more info on the Good Housekeeping blog.
Kola pascha, lovies! xox
FUNFETTI EASTER BASKET BREAD
MAKES: 10 to 12
2 (14-oz.) rolls store-bought pizza dough
1 cup Confetti Cake Mix
10 hard-cooked eggs, plus 1 lightly beaten egg for brushing
Multicolored nonpareilles, for sprinkling
1. Preheat oven to 400˚F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment.
2. Unroll pizza dough on cutting board; cut into 1-in. strips with sharp knife.
3. For each wreath, dust 2 strips dough with some cake mix. Pinch tops together and gently twist into 1 rope; pinch ends together to make circle. Transfer to prepared cookie sheet.
4. Lightly brush wreaths with beaten egg. Sprinkle with more cake mix and nonpareilles.
5. Gently tap one side of each hard-cooked egg (continue to full recipe...)