Eeks! Only a few more days until Father's Day. Do you know what you're gifting to your pop and/or hubby yet? If not, I have a few thoughts for you: I just posted these 3 easy gift ideas on the Good Housekeeping blog and they're all winners (you can even download the gift tags for free)! Pick between Homemade Green Hot Sauce, Spicy Peppercorn Rub for steak and Salted Beer Caramels made with Dad's favorite beer, recipe below! Head over to the Good Housekeeping website for the other 2 recipes...
SALTED BEER CARAMELS
MAKES: about 2 dozen
1 stick salted butter
1 cup packed dark-brown sugar
1 cup light corn syrup
3/4 cup heavy cream
3/4 cup Brown Ale or other beer
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Line an 8-inch-square baking dish with parchment paper and lightly coat with cooking spray; set aside.
2. Heat the butter and brown sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until melted.
3. Stir in the corn syrup, heavy cream and beer until combined.
4. Clip a candy thermometer onto the saucepan and continue to cook about 10 minutes or until the thermometer registers 240˚F (soft-ball stage). Immediately remove from the heat; stir in the vanilla and 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt, depending on desired saltiness.
5. Pour caramel into the prepared pan and set aside until set but still soft, about 1 hour. Remove caramel from the baking dish using the parchment paper; transfer to a cutting board. Cut caramel into small rectangles and wrap each with parchment paper.If any Dads out there would like to weigh in and tell us what (else) they'd really love to get for Father's Day, leave it in the comments—I'm dying to know!