I found these rad little Wilton bone sprinkles on my way home from a photo shoot yesterday and had to put them to good use. I always talk about making homemade Halloween candy but never actually do it! It seems intimidating (and kind of unnecessary) right? But this idea popped into my head and it felt completely approachable: Melt really delicious good-quality chocolate, spoon circles of it onto wax paper, decorate with my new bone sprinkles and let harden. Success! Packed in muslin drawstring bags, I think these guys would be a lovely Halloween treat. What do you think?
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- wax paper
- good-quality bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, chopped
- resealable plastic bag
- Wilton bone sprinkles or other decorations
1. Line a work surface with wax paper. Melt the chocolate in the microwave or over a double-boiler; spoon into the corner of a resealable plastic bag and twist it closed.
2. Snip the corner of the bag and pipe circles of chocolate onto the wax paper (smooth the top of the chocolate with an offset spatula, if needed). Decorate the chocolates with sprinkles.
3. Let the candies harden at room temperature, about 1 hour, or chill until set.